Every situation is different so by far the best way to find out how to respond to a social media legal issue is to speak to those who are most likely to have dealt with a situation similar to yours.
To find out how you can improve your reputation on the internet simply select one of the easy methods of contacting us.
Reputation risk lawyers
Legal aspects of online reputational risk
Online reputation risks, are risks that should be considered at the designing stage of a business. This is, of course, in an ideal world. As we live in the real world, the reality of reputational risk online is that it is something which is rarely being considered by the majority of the small and medium size businesses beyond the aspects of online marketing, promotions or online reviews. Legal aspects of reputation risks for most businesses often involve defamation, trademarks, online reviews, regulatory breaches, internal management and employment issues and isolated conduct by an employee.
Defamation is often considered, one of the most significant reputational risks where lawyers tend to get involved. Posting untrue statements online, investigative journalism and consumer television programmes often pose a risk to the good reputation of a business where the intervention of lawyers might be necessary to help manage either a forthcoming reputational risk or an ongoing situation where mitigation is required.
Our lawyers have a huge amount of experience in advising and assisting businesses about reputational risks throughout the process of the creation and post broadcast creating, the broadcasting of documentaries and TV programmes by investigative journalists, such as Panorama, InsideOut and Dispatches as well as journalistic publications by the all the mainstream UK newspapers.
Generally speaking, there are two opposite sides to reputational risk that trademark issues might pose. The first is where a company, intentionally or inadvertently misuses somebody else's trademark with the reputational risk of being called out by the lawful owners of the trademark. This could possibly result in serious reputational damage to the infringing company and to its own brand and, of course, it might lead to litigation and to financial losses and bad press.
Our reputational risk lawyers handle the misuse of trademark cases on a regular basis and will give you the advice you need in accordance with the specific circumstances of your case. The other side of trademark and reputational risk is a situation where you company becomes a victim of infringement.
This might happen where someone copies your website and fraudulently sells goods or services to unsuspected customers who believe they are buying from you. It is possible to minimise this type of risk in various ways and if the risk does materialise, to take steps which would mitigate any reputational damage.
Often, one of the most serious reputational risks comes in fact from within the organisation. Disgruntled employees who might or might not have a legitimate reason for a grievance, are a source of information which could cause significant reputational harm to the business.
From a legal perspective, this type of reputational risk can and should be managed by expert lawyers who should preferably get involved with reputational aspects of employment contracts and with any other employment law issue which may arise from time to time within the organisation.
Our reputational risk lawyers have deal with dozens of cases involving internal reputational risk and have successfully assisted large number of organisations with the successful management or such reputational risk.
|Is Yelp.com faking it?|
When I first read Yelp.com advice to victims of fake reviews I thought they were faking it. Read More
- Business defamation on Google
- Defamation by investors on social media
- Disgruntled employees and company reputation
- International reputation management
- Online reputation attack legal advice
- Online reputation strategies
- Removing a cloned Facebook account
- Reputation crisis management
- Reputation lawyers
- SEO and online reputation management
|Our clients speak out|
"from start to finish very refreshing. Friendly ,efficient,...
“Having contacted various solicitors in the last few weeks I have to say I was... Read More...
"Thank you and your team so very much for giving us our...
“I would like to very deeply thank Yair, Louise and Adam for giving my family, in... Read More...
Right to be forgotten
- Google right to be forgotten
- Help with a right to be forgotten
- ICO right to be forgotten appeal example
- Professional disciplinary hearing on Google
- Removal of google searches worldwide
- Remove newspaper reports about a court case
- Removing search results under a right to be forgotten
- Right to be forgotten ICO appeal
- Right to be forgotten post Brexit
- Blackmailer trying to ruin my marriage
- Cross jurisdiction harassment
- Harassment and defamation on the internet
- Harassment injunctions
- Harassment limitation
- Harassment on social media
- Harassment on Tattle.life
- Harassment solicitors no win no fee
- Instagram harassment
- Legal advice for online harassment
- Online harassment by employee
- Online harassment legal advice
- Online trolling legal help
- Teenage harassment on social media
- The case of Lindsey Goldrick
- Unmasking internet trolls
|Our work featured on|
- Cancel culture defamation
- Defamation by competitors
- Defamation and social media law in the UK
- Defamation by an Ex-Employee
- Defamation by employees
- Defamation by investors
- Defamation cease and desist letter
- Defamation claim against the police
- Defamation injunctions
- Defamation on Blogger
- Defamation on Twitter
- Defamation on websites
- Defamation removal letter
- Defamation solicitors
- Defamation with SEO
- False accusation of rape on social media
- Falsely accused of rape
- Google business defamation
- Injunction against Google
- Internet defamation lawyers
- Legal action for defamation
- Legal action for libel
- Online Defamation on YouTube
- Remove defamation from Google
- Removing defamation from the internet
- Twitter defamation and harassment