Every situation is different so by far the best way to find out how to respond to a social media legal issue is to speak to those who are most likely to have dealt with a situation similar to yours.
To find out how you can improve your reputation on the internet simply select one of the easy methods of contacting us.
Getting disclosure from Facebook
How to obtain a disclosure order from Facebook
If you are being defamed on Facebook or if private information about you has been published on Facebook, you might want to consider the viability of obtaining a disclosure order from Facebook to help you identity to persons responsible for the unlawful publications.
Yes. Because the Administrator of the offending Facebook Page is likely to be legally liable for the unlawful posts against you, in addition to the Facebook users who posted the offending posts, you might want to obtain a disclosure order from Facebook in relation to both, the posters of the unlawful information and the Facebook Page Admin. Both are disclosable by a single disclosure order.
Once we set up your project, there will be a dedicated team working on your project and obtaining the disclosure order on your behalf from Facebook. We first speak to Facebook to agree on the terms of the disclosure order as this would save time and costs. By agreeing in advance with Facebook lawyers on the terms of the disclosure order, we pre-empt there need for having to attend a contested hearing at court. The application the court is therefore being made with the consent of the parties which means that you don't need to pay for Facebook lawyers to attend the hearing.
An average application for disclosure from Facebook cost between £5,000 to £6,500 + VAT. The cost of applying for a disclosure order form Facebook would depend on the amount of work that is neeed in each case. Some cases are fairly simple whilst others could be much more complicated as they may involve investing many hours in gathering the necessary evidence to establishing who the relevant Facebook users are and who should be included in the disclosure order application.
This would depend on several factors. The entire process of obtaining disclosure from Facebook, including receiving the court order as well as the disclosure from Facebook, usually takes up to 12 weeks but it might be quicker.
- Business defamation on Google
- Defamation by investors on social media
- Disgruntled employees and company reputation
- International online reputation management
- Online reputation attack legal advice
- Online reputation strategies
- Reputation crisis management
- SEO and online reputation management
- The case of the removal of a cloned Facebook account
Online business support
|Our work featured on|
Category of work
- What to do with false allegations of sexual assault on Instagram
- Defamation by innuendo case study
- Defamation by a newspaper journalist from outside the UK
- What can you do if you are falsely accused of sexual assault online
- Jack Aaronson (Dominic Ford) defamation case against Marcus Stones (Mickey Taylor)