Every situation is different so by far the best way to find out how to respond to a social media legal issue is to speak to those who are most likely to have dealt with a situation similar to yours.
To find out how you can improve your reputation on the internet simply select one of the easy methods of contacting us.
Legal advice on fake or defamatory online reviews
Fake and defamatory online reviews are often extremely damaging to local and to national businesses. Negative online reviews on websites such as TripAdvisor, are rather harmful to small and local businesses, whilst fake reviews on GlassDoor tend to have a major adverse impact on larger businesses and on start-ups.
It is often difficult to prove that an online review is in fact fake. The business owner might know that a review is fake but getting the proof that might be not as straight forward. Having assisted hundreds of clients in relation to thousands of fake and defamatory online reviews, it is often our job to spot the characteristics of a fake online review and then produce the proof needed to show that a particular online review is fake.
One of the firm’s specialities is the unmasking of publishers of fake online reviews. We go about using IP addresses, cross referenced email addresses, linked email accounts, linked websites and other investigative tools to enable our clients to unmask the true identification of whoever is behind a fake, defamatory online review.
Often, our clients’ ultimate goal is to facilitate the removal of fake and defamatory online reviews. Our lawyers have so far removed thousands of defamatory online reviews from review websites all over the world. We are able to use judicial tools and strategies to facilitate removal of defamatory online reviews even from review websites that are located in the United States.
In many cases, it transpires that the authors of the defamatory or fake online reviews are people known to our clients. Most likely these are competitors, former employees or disgruntled customers. Whilst removing the fake reviews from the review websites is important, holding authors of fake online reviews to account is often as important for our clients.
Follow on Twitter
Norwich Pharmacal Order
Category of work
Right to be forgotten
- Google right to be forgotten
- Help with a right to be forgotten
- ICO right to be forgotten appeal example
- Professional disciplinary hearing on Google
- Removal of google searches worldwide
- Remove court records from Google
- Remove newspaper reports about a court case
- Removing search results under a right to be forgotten
- Right to be forgotten ICO appeal
- Right to be forgotten post Brexit
- Right to be forgotten refused
- The case of Frankie Rzucek
- The case of Kirat Assi v Simran Kaur Bhogal
- The case of Lindsey Goldrick-Dean
- The case of Phipps v Britton-unmasking internet trolls
- Teenage harassment on social media
- Online harassment legal advice
- Cross jurisdiction harassment
- Harassment injunctions
- Harassment on Tattle.life
- Online harassment by employee
- Instagram harassment
- Harassment solicitors no win no fee
- Harassment and defamation on the internet
- Online trolling legal help
- Harassment limitation
- Blackmailer trying to ruin my marriage
- Harassment on social media
- Legal advice for online harassment
- How can we put an end to internet trolling
- Is harassment a crime
- Understanding online blackmail
|Our work featured on|