- Hits: 4562
This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and energetic prospective trainee solicitors, who want to train with Cohen Davis, a law firm specialising in social media and internet law.
As you may know, there isn’t a law school to train you in internet law and here at Cohen Davis, we are looking for the right people to invest time in, to train and offer mentorship to with the view to stay with us in the long term and become a fully qualified internet specialist lawyers.
There is so much to learn when it comes to internet law and helping our clients with any internet related legal issues, offers daily rewards and exciting strategic challenges.
Cohen Davis Solicitors is an award winning, forward-looking, niche law firm which is involved in shaping a new area of law and works with private and corporate clients from all over the world. We are part of a fantastic network of lawyers and attorneys from the United Kingdom, United States and Canada, with whom we cooperate regularly to shape internet law, create legal solutions that never existed before and resolve our clients’ internet law issues.
We are expanding fast and these are exciting positions that are in high demand. We want to invest in you and provide mentorship and training, encouraging you to maximise your strengths, so that you can grow, progress and really enjoy what you are doing.
We want you to be with us for the long term, so it is the only way we can develop the next generation of internet lawyers. We want to see you grow as a lawyer and as an individual and we want you to be part of our great team; part of our future. We have a clear goal of expansion and we are ambitious, so it is important to get the right people to join us.
Who you are
- You have a 2.1 degree (at least)
- You have an LPC or GDL qualification (we may consider giving an LPC full or part sponsorship to the right candidate, who may be applying first for paralegal positions)
- You are a good team player. Your ability to work collaboratively and effectively with others is of fundamental importance to working successfully with our law firm.
- You have good interpersonal skills. Communication is key and the ability to relate and interact with others to engender confidence and form good relationships with and to explain complex situations in a clear manner, is integral to the role. You are able to communicate clearly and effectively on paper, face-to-face and on the telephone. The ability to advise and negotiate with our clients is extremely important.
- You have ambition, commitment and enthusiasm and are dedicated to work with internet law.
- You are intelligent, have attention to detail and a excellent command of English with good grammar. We want somebody that has a thorough, meticulous and accurate approach to their work.
- You are honest. Clients expect us to work to a high moral standard with professional integrity and ethical code. Our clients include famous people who trust us implicitly. Client confidentiality and professionalism is paramount to safeguarding ours and our client's’ reputation. We, as a company value telling the truth and facing the truth.
- You are curious and inquisitive; loving to learn and solving problems with a positive focus.
- You are highly motivated and proactive. We believe in working towards developing individual drive, healthy living and motivation. We take steps to develop positive energy and clarity of thinking.
- You have leadership qualities. We value ambition.
- You are able to travel to our Essex offices, where your training contract will be carried out. Our beautiful offices are located at Warlies Park in Upshire, Essex which is a lovely place to come and train every day.
How to apply
What happens after you apply
If you are successful on passing the first part of your application, we will invite you for an interview. After having a successful interview, we will invite you to come and meet with us to talk about the position and to see if we are a good match for each other. We will also ask you to partake in a short, written assessment.
Successful candidates will be notified as soon as possible. Please remember that our recruitment process is ongoing and competition for places are in demand, so please ensure that you submit your application as soon as possible. We shall look forward to hearing from you.